Willenbring, Dahl, Wocken & Zimmermann, PLLC traces its roots back to the original law firm established in Cold Spring by Fran Russell in 1932. Fran Russell’s practice was joined by Joe Willenbring in the early 1950’s, and the law firm subsequently became known as Russell & Willenbring. In 1974, Kirby Dahl, became an associate with the firm, which was then known as Willenbring & Lickteig. In 1976, Kirby Dahl became a partner and the firm’s name was changed to Willenbring, Lickteig & Dahl. Paul Wocken joined Willenbring, Lickteig & Dahl in 1977, Dan Zimmermann in 1982 and Mark McKeon in 1984.
In 1988, Joe Willenbring retired from the practice of law. In that same year, Kirby Dahl, Paul Wocken and Dan Zimmermann joined as partners of the current firm known as Willenbring, Dahl, Wocken & Zimmermann. In 1999 the firm became a professional limited liability company.
John Neal joined our staff in 2018, Kelly Warren joined our staff in 2011, Boe Piras in 2013 and Laura Martin in 2018. An experienced support staff of eight, including three paralegals assist the attorneys in their varied law practice. Current active member/owners are Daniel Zimmermann, John Neal, Kelly Springer and Boe Piras.
The law firm has offices on the second floor in the Red River at Main building in downtown Cold Spring. It also keeps an office at 200 Avon Ave, Suite B, of the Avon Electric Building in Avon where appointments can be scheduled.